1. Prepare the prawns by packing them in non-iodized sea salt. The sea salt firms the prawns and provides a familiar burst of saltiness when the fish bites it.
Use natural sea salt. Sea salt is produced from evaporated sea water. Do not use rock salt as it is mined and contains contaminants such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, various sulfates and organic matter.
2. Refrigerate and allow the prawns to drain in a perforated container until they become firm.
3. Vacuum seal and freeze into small, daily use packages.
HOW TO ATTACH THE PRAWN TO THE HOOKS
1. Insert the upper hook into the body of the prawn at the bend.
2. Wrap the prawn with Miracle Thread® until you reach the end of the lower hook shank.
3. Be sure the lower hook is positioned in the opposite direction of the upper hook.
4. Continue wrapping until you have wrapped the carapace solidly. If you don’t do this, the carapace may separate from the body and create an unnatural turbulence in the water.
5. Finally, dip the prawn in MM Super Dipping Sauce® (salmon or krill flavor), or use your favorite gel scent.